A six-piece indie folk band, Wild Child is full of rootsy, dreamy harmonies and charming instrumentation, featuring male/female lead vocals, guitar, keyboard, bass, cello, drums and the occasional hand claps. Their sophomore album, The Runaround (2013), was produced by Ben Kweller. The Austin Chronicle named them the best indie band and the best folk band of SXSW 2013. They’ve kept busy making a name for themselves, performing on Last Call with Carson Daly, AXS Live and PBS and lending their lovely sounds to a Purina Cat Food commercial.
Check ’em out at SXSW:
- 3/12 – KUTX Live at the Four Seasons (7:00 a.m.)
- 3/12 – The Main II (12:45 – 1:45 a.m.)
- 3/12 – Waterloo Records (4:00 p.m.)
- 3/13 – The Paste Party @ Swan Dive (11:30 a.m.)
- 3/14 – 4th Annual Future of Music Showcase (11:00 a.m.)
- 3/15 – Dirty Dog Bar (1:00am – 1:50 a.m.)